An education creates an impact that can last generations. This journey begins with saving.
There’s no denying the benefits of an education: the ability to compete in today’s job market, increased earning power, and expanded horizons. But these advantages come at a price. And yet, year after year, thousands of students graduate from college. So, how do they do it?
Schedule Your Appointment
Whether they want to grow up to be a farmer or a firefighter, as parents and grandparents we want to support them and their dreams, as best we can.
At Mid American Credit Union one of our CFS Financial Advisors available through CUSO Financial Services, L.P. * can help you; help your children and grandchildren by:
Discussing the different plans available and uncovering what’s best for your family:
- 529 Plans**
- Coverdell Education Savings Accounts
- UGMA & UTMA Custodial Accounts for Minors
Answer frequently asked questions by grandparents:
- Will Medicaid count my grandchild’s 529 plans as a part of my assets?
- Can I access the money in the event of an emergency?
- Can a 529 plan affect my grandchild’s chance of receiving Financial Aid?
To learn more about higher education planning needs, contact us today to schedule a complimentary, no-obligation appointment.